Mining law in South Africa is legally and administratively complex with legislation often in flux. Our firm has an historical and comprehensive association with the mining industry. Our lawyers have a wealth of industry knowledge in many facets of the mining, minerals and energy sectors, developed through years of experience in assisting our clients and understanding their needs.
With mining laws evolving frequently, our clients benefit from our skills in, and understanding of, these changes and updates such as, for example, the increasing regulations around environmental issues and the granting of prospecting and mining rights.
Our core commercial mining team and other qualified professionals within the firm, provide wide-ranging legal services covering a broad spectrum. We have extensive knowledge and are able to provide comprehensive, practical legal advice on everyday issues as well as corporate transactions no matter how complex.
We provide extensive Mining services including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Mineral rights and titles, including licensing, prospecting, mining, royalty and development agreements
- Section 11 applications
- Liaising with the Department of Mineral Resources
- Black economic empowerment structuring and transactions
- The Mining Charter
- Statutory claims arising from mining activities
- Regulation, including occupational health and safety, competition and employment law
- Commercial disputes, including dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration
- Financing, including corporate asset, commodity and leveraged finance
- Tax, including corporate tax, commercial projects and exchange control
- Due diligence investigations
- Property rights and titles
- Negotiating specific agreements, including purchase, contractorship, operating and maintenance agreements for new rights
Looking for experts in mining law South Africa? We are ready to assist.
Discuss Your Needs